Sunday, August 23, 2009

A New Madam Trillion Dollar Deficit


I guess you hear that Madam Deficit (i.e. His Royal Lowness Obama) has declared that our national debt has been bumped up to $9 TRILLION DOLLARS!? And they want to take control of our health care??!!

No way Jose!

I'm a bit of an amateur historian. This morning we watched the special on History International called "The French Revolution" (1789–1799). The show explained how the politically impudent King Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette where overthrown by the common people. In a nut shell, it's how the nobility lived high on the hog, the cost of flour sky rocketed from high taxes and famine causing the average people to starve to death. The economy was in shambles.

Having had enough, the down trodden people called for "an enlightenment" and stampeded the government, taking it apart (literally) brick by brick.

It was the end of monarchies in France, but it led from one tyranny to another.

There's a lot of parallels between what happened in pre-French Revolution and what's happening here now.

Our country is deeply (irrevocably?) in debt. We feel like our politicians are NOT listening to us. Even my beloved Rep. Jack Kingston (R-GA) who has faithfully voted against the Pres. George W. Bush 'stimulus' plan, has been making some statements about this Healthcare debacle that really has me riled. Now he feels like he can school us on how to eat to reduce costs!? "Excuse me!? Get the heck out of my life Jack!" I'm tired of others thinking that they are better than us and can tell us how to live.

I very much fear that because of the ineptitude's of this administration and the previous one, we are heading for another Civil War.

I hope I'm wrong. I hope you'll join me in prayer that our 'revolution' will be a velvet one ... peaceful and lawful. We still have the Constitution of the United States. I believe in this documents words with all my heart because it reflects God's word in it's equalities and common sense.

I believe this so wholeheartedly that I've ordered at my own expense 50 pocket US Constitutions to carry around and hand out to those interested. They are available from The Heritage Foundation.


Be careful, you politians, that you don't utter "Let them eat cake" for I fear this will cause many to storm the gates and demand some heads on a stick next elections.

Sources
Hyperhistory

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful post ... don't let up on the pressure with your politicians. Our congressman said NO emails, NO petitions will work BUT a piece of paper in a stamped envelope sent to each politician AND white House does work. They don't accept emails & petitions as 'gospel' so to speak. SOOOO get those letters pumping out to your politicians now ... before BO destroys our nation even more. TTFN ~Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Something can be learned from history if people would educate themselves and learn from other countries past mistakes. Good and heartfelt appeal to everyone to make a stand. I believe if enough people pray and get personaly involved in saving it from those bent on it's destruction, we could with God's guidance reverse the tide.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some politicians will have to learn the hard way. That's ok the tick-tick-tick of the clock has been heard and their clock is winding down. Thanks for the earlier visit to one of my blogs. My main blog is totus visit me there sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let me tell you my gun permit experience. I went over a week ago to the court house in Baxley to get my permit but they wouldnt give me one after they discovered I live in Wayne. Danny, my husband got his there last year. He works in Baxley, we have a Bristol address but LIVE in Wayne. They didnt ask him what county he lived in...just got the $60.00 bucks from him & finger prints, etc. When they sent him his card, it wasn't signed by the judge & didnt have an expiration date on it so he went back to get it corrected. Again nothing was said about having to get a permit in the county you live in. So when she wouldnt give me my permit & I explained that Danny got his there...well I stirred the bucket up good. Danny's permit was illegal! The judge sent him a certified letter saying they issued it in error & could not refund his $60 BUCKS! So now we both are stuck like chuck without permits until we can get to Jesup! Fooey! I guess it is good it happened so that we can both be legal but it sure makes me mad!
    So I guess I am just a "Wanna-be-thug" for now! Oh & by the way..the baby is my granddaughter that I call Little Package. My kids are grown...sorta, lol! I enjoy your posts!

    ReplyDelete

⭐ A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out. ~ Walter Winchell