Tomorrow is Hubby's birthday.
This morning, I asked him what he would like to do today. His response? "Ride the bikes to the Buccaneer Club Restaurant and have my favorite meal." Hubby loves seafood! He's really a sailor at heart.
So, we hopped on the faithful steeds and took off for coastal Darien, Georgia. First we journeyed to that flea speck town of Ludowici again, then down Highway 57 to the town of Cresent. Doggone, if the restaurant wasn't closed! Oh well. No problem. We headed south on Highway 99 to just inside the Glynn County line (north of Brunswick) and had lunch at Mudcat Charley's.
I'm all ready for my tea party now. I'm even drinking iced tea!
Still cute after all these years.
You can't tell it from these photos but the restaurant was packed! The table of bikers behind Hubby had just left when I snapped this. It's hard to tell there's an economic downturn in our area. Everywhere we go, places are full of people, which, of course, is a good thing. It's always so sad to hear of a business failing and people losing their jobs.
I try to always check the bike over before hopping back on it.
There was a pack of Harley riders there when we arrived. They were "newbies", we could tell because they were snooty and had all their H-D regalia on that loudly proclaims "Look at me, I ride". Yeah, like, I'm so impressed.
Half way home, we stopped in Popwellville for a rest. We were getting really fatigued and decided to book it on home. All in all we rode about 150 miles today. It was a great day!
Now it's time for coffee and cake. I bought hubby his favorite, carrot cake. I'll just munch on my dark chocolate, thank you. [lol]
Oh, and I read this on the Triumph Tiger 1050 forum and thought y'all would enjoy it.
Things Hard To Say When Drunk
DIFFICULT TO SAY WHEN DRUNK:
VERY DIFFICULT TO SAY WHEN DRUNK:
3. Passive-aggressive disorder
DOWNRIGHT IMPOSSIBLE TO SAY WHEN DRUNK:
1. No thanks, I'm married.
2. Nope, no more booze for me!
3. Sorry,but you're not really my type.
4. Taco Bell? No thanks, I'm not hungry.
5. Good evening officer. Isn't it a lovely night?
6. Oh I couldn't! No one wants to hear me sing karaoke.
7. I'm not interested in fighting you.
8. Thank you, but I won't make any attempt to dance, I have no coordination. I'd hate to look like a fool!
9. Where is the nearest bathroom? I refuse to pee in this parking lot or on the side of the road!
10. I must be going home now, as I have to work in the morning.