Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Me First!

Valerie said I could totally steal this idea from her at her blog It's A Wonderful Life. So, I did!

Below are a list of My Firsts.


MY FIRSTS

1. Who was your FIRST prom date?
May 1973 with my first serious "go steady" boyfriend, Bill Anderson. We were both Junior's and he took me to the Junior-Senior Prom. It was the first time I got to stay out all night without having to strain for an excuse. [lol] I think Dad was hoping I'd run away so he wouldn't have to deal with me anymore. Didn't work. I returned like a Homing Pigeon to finish my Senior year.

2. Do you still talk to your FIRST love?
No, I used to but we kinda lost touch a couple of years ago. He still lives in central Florida and is a millionaire. I'm so happy for him! He's a really nice, decent fellow.

3. What was your FIRST alcoholic drink?
Beer and whiskey. Dad gave it to me for a toothache. I was under 10 years old because Mom was still alive.

4. What was your FIRST job?
When 15, I had a summer job with a kennel in Mims, just south of Titusville. It was hard work but it was fun. I love dogs and this was a pleasure for me.

5. What was your FIRST car?
A red 1968 Renault. After it spent nearly every day after my purchase in the garage being repaired, I traded it for a 1966 Volkswagon 'bug'. It was actually a Trade Up for me. It was really easy to work on.

6. Who was the FIRST person to text you today?
I don't text.

7. Who is the FIRST person you thought of this morning?
My sister-in-law, Cindy. We've got something cooking up in the financial department and I'm gonna help her with it. It's my forte'.

8. Who was your FIRST grade teacher?
I have no clue. I don't even remember first grade!!

9. Where did you go on your FIRST ride on an airplane?
I was 12 years old, my mother was dead, and my father put me alone on a flight from central Florida to western Pennsylvania. Would any of you parents out there do that? I didn't think so. I had to fly back alone too. He dumped me on a plane so he could marry his third wife. A woman he only knew for a couple of months.

10. Who was your FIRST best friend and are you still friends with them?
Karen Williams, she married a Mr. Towe and had a bunch of kids. We lost touch with each other years ago. I hope she's well and happy where ever she is. Karen was a nice girl.

11. What was your FIRST sport played?
Primitive Archery. I still enjoy it. Now that I've had neck surgery I hope to start it back up again.

12. Where was your FIRST sleep over?
I might never have been to one. I don't remember. My group wasn't much into that. We mostly played in the woods and rode our bicycles all day. I tried to never have friends over.

13. Who was the FIRST person you talked to today?
My hubby.

14. Whose wedding were you in the FIRST time?
My first marriage in August of 1974.

15. What was the FIRST thing you did this morning?
Kick two dogs outta the bed so I can make a bee-line to the ... well, you know. :o)

16. What was the FIRST concert you ever went to?
Never been to a concert, if they mean like a Rock concert or something like that. I've been in a High School concert. I sing Second Alto. Oh, wait, I've been to a performance by the Jacksonville Symphony Orchestra (classical music) during the 1979 season. It was spectacular! Does that count?

17. FIRST tattoo or piercing?
My ears were pierced when I was 16. Absolutely, positively NO tattoos.

18. FIRST foreign country you went to?
Niagara Falls, Canada. Let's see, I was very young (pre-1966) because I remember my mother being there. If it was just Dad, he probably would have left me there.

19. What was your FIRST run in with the law?
When I was 18. Before 1st husband and I married, we played a joke on a friend by 'rolling' his house with toilet paper on Hallowe'en. And I got caught ... by the Sheriff, no less!! Dang, I was embarrassed. Gosh, I hope Pappy doesn't see this. I'm such a hardened criminal. [lol]

20. When was your FIRST detention?
I've never had detention. I was good in school. I turned bad after graduation. [smile] I only sassed a teacher once and got a whoopin' for it. I never did that again.

21. What was the FIRST state you lived in?
Florida.

22. Who was the FIRST person to break your heart?
My father when he tore up his parent card in August of 1966.

23. Who was your FIRST roommate?
Never had a roommate. I can't stand to be around most people 24/7 except for my husband.

24. Where did you go on your FIRST limo ride?
Are you kidding, I've never been in a limo.

25. Where did you go on your FIRST date with your husband?
March 17th, 1979 at Shrimpy's in Jacksonville, Florida. Yeah, it was St. Patrick's Day. We still celebrate that day every year in memory of our first date. I was getting a divorce from my first husband and Steve asked me out to supper and a movie. We've been together ever since.


So there you have 25 of my FIRSTS.

And you're still talking to me! Eh, I don't care what they say, you're good people.

So, feel free to grab the Questions. I would like to know all of your FIRSTS too. If you want to join in, leave a comment here and I'll pop over to your place and Read All About It. Have fun!

♥ ∞

15 comments:

  1. Good Morning! Interesting to read this morning. I hope you are feeling well and that you have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pappy did see that and I hope you don't try and buy a firearm with that kind of criminal record. Pappy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was a fun post! Glad you stayed this side of the law...but wait..that was just your first run in. You could have a whole RAP sheet by now....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed learning more about you! I don't text either ... the computer is all the technology I can handle :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know some of this is not funny but when I got to number 18 I was cracking up. Here I am at work and I am supposed to be quiet. Anyway, at least you can take a bad situation and put a twist of humor to it. I can semi feel your pain.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wasn't that fun? I loved your answer to number 23. lol

    Have a great day girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mildred ~ Hi "neighbor"! I'm finer than frog hair lately. Had my first follow-up to surgery appt today in Savannah. My neck is healing up wonderfully and I should be able to ride in about 3-4 more weeks. Wahoo!

    Pappy ~ I know, I've hidden my 'real' record ... even from the authorities. [hanging head in shame] I hope they never know the 'arsenal' we have at our house too ...

    Moosey Musey ~ Dang girl, I was hoping no one would latch onto the fact I didn't state ALL my run in's ... [giggle] You and Pappy are just too sharp!

    Susan ~ Me too!!! Texting is way too scary for me.

    Melody ~ I'm glad you knew I was just teasin' ... well, kinda. I do try to find humor in even bad situations. Dad did try to talk me into eloping the first time so he wouldn't have to pay for a wedding. :o)

    Valerie ~ It was indeedy fun! I'm glad everyone enjoyed it.

    Thanks for stopping by! ♥ ∞

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really do feel like I know you better. I may try to do it to. I just did a Q/A so maybe I'll wait a while. I love texting. My daughter doesn't do, but I talk to my employees out of the office with texting. They are all young and text constantly to their friends. I always think about the saying, "It's not where we start, it's where we end up." Both my parents gave me up as a baby, but I now know it was for the best.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Nanatrish ~ That would be super. You're out there doing good work for the vision impaired, that's way more important than any of this. There's no hurry. I'm just glad you want to participate. :o) Thanks for stopping by! Travel safe. ♥ ∞

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved reading this about you! I'll mail you my answers tonight when I get off work:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think it would have been interesting to combine numbers five, eleven, and nineteen. Drive by your friends house in your VW Bug using your Primitive bow to launch rolls of toliet paper attached to Primitive arrows. Then getting caught by the sheriff. Now that would have been a first.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How do you come up with this stuff Carey ... !?! I laughed so hard Steve thought I was having an attack! [roflol] Lordy, lordy. ♥ ∞

    ReplyDelete
  13. Girlfriend, you've never been in a Limo? Oh you were robbed! My first Limo ride was in High School for Prom but that is such a California thing. My swept over bangs were as high as a kite! ha ha

    Let's have a Blogger's Gathering or Convention and we'll arrive by Limos' for fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey I am glad to get to know you better but I am not touching that with a ten foot pole. Do you know how long it would it take for me to get through this one! sheesh!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Janeen ~ OK ChaCha!! Let's go for a limo ride! I think it's time for Moosey Musey to have another Blog Adventure. Maybe we could make it a beach adventure?? (Ya listening Muse??) :o))

    Lanny ~ I wouldn't touch that with a 10 foot polecat either ... oh, wait, you said that differently ... ROFLOL

    Have a great weekend everyone! :o) ♥ ∞

    ReplyDelete

⭐ A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out. ~ Walter Winchell