Saturday, January 3, 2009

In God's Loving Care

Carolina Wren


The Carolina Wren (Thryothorus ludovicianus) is a common species of wren resident in the eastern half of the USA, the extreme south of Ontario and Quebec, Canada, and the extreme northeast of Mexico. A distinct population in the Yucatan Peninsula of Mexico and Belize is treated either as a subspecies Thryothorus ludovicianus albinucha, or as a separate species, White-browed Wren Thryothorus albinucha. Following a 2006 review[1], these are the only wrens remaining in the genus Thryothorus. T. ludovicianus is the state bird of South Carolina; its specific name ludovicianus means "from Louisiana". Wikipedia

We have a 'pet' Carolina Wren or two living at our home. This little darling sleeps on our open front porch almost every evening. I delight in its song as night falls for Carolina Wren is one of my favorites (after the Cardinal, of course!). I find this so pleasurable that I don't even care about the leavings that must be cleaned off the porch. He's keeping all those nasty bugs off our porch! Every Spring for many years now, a nesting pair have raised at least one brood in our open carport. I have purposely secured baskets on the walls to ease their yearly nesting dilemma. I want them safe and out of the reach of predators.

We have no less than four squirrel proof feeders with bird baths that encircle our home, so that no matter what time of day, one may look out and watch our little 'friends'. There are nesting boxes artfully scattered around our 7 acres for the local Bluebirds, Chickadees, Titmouse, Great Crested Flycatcher, etc. They are all such a comfort to watch and hear. We also have Purple Martins. It's always sad when they leave.

One of our all time favorite hobbies is the coastal migratory bird watching. Every January and February, we trek to the wilds of southeastern Georgia with photographic equipment and binoculars in hands to do just this. I may not get to go this year because of a persistent neck ailment.

The way in which I enjoy caring for our Georgia wildlife, reminds me how much God must enjoy caring for us, His children, if we only let Him. He loves us so much and proved it on the cross at Galilee. Most of the time, we probably don't even realize that it is His care that has protected us. I have a desiccated disk and a ruptured disk in my neck. The learned doctors my insurance company is paying good money for are discussing surgery. I know in my heart that God is laying out a path for me that I must travel if I want to be pain free. I know that all will be well, no matter what the outcome, because of Him and His care. Jesus is our refuge and the great caregiver. His feeders are never empty, He will keep me from the reach of predators and there will be a nest in which to rest when weary.

Mockingbird Nest


"Fear not, for I am with you. Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you. Yes, I will help you. Yes, I will uphold you with the right hand of My righteousness. Behold, all they that were incensed against you shall be ashamed and confounded. They shall be as nothing. They that strive with you shall perish. You shall seek them and shall not find them that contend with you. They that war against you shall be as nothing." Psalm 41:10-13 KJV

I feel so blessed that our loving Lord Jesus cares for someone as insignificant as little 'ol me. And just remember, my friend, He loves you too and desires only your affection in return.


♥ ∞

6 comments:

  1. I love the new background! This is a beautiful post to start off the new year and how lovely it is to step outside and hear those peaceful birds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Janeen! I wanted a bright background to cheer things up (January can be soooo gloomy). And the wild birds make country living extra special fun.
    Sparky ♥ ∞

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such a good mommy to Gods little birds. Premade baskets in the carport. I KNOW you must be the only person on the planet that does that! lol Sorry to hear about your back and neck pain. Hope you are pain free soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Melody, I *try* to be a good steward of God's earth. :o) The birds bring me so much pleasure, I encourage them to live close to me. And thanks for the kind words. I know with all your prayers I'll be right as rain and laughing about how concerned I was. You are an angel. Hope y'all are well too.
    Sparky ♥ ∞

    ReplyDelete
  5. GA has some beautiful birds, doesn't it, Sparky? I think it's great that you provide the baskets for them. I'm sure God is pleased at your good stewardship. Thanks for the reminder! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Educational and thought provoking! Great post, Sparky! We love our Purple Martins over here in rice country...they keep the misquitos knocked down to a tolerable level. Have a great 09!

    ReplyDelete

⭐ A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out. ~ Walter Winchell