Saturday, November 1, 2008

Fox's Long-Running 'King of the Hill' Canceled

LOS ANGELES – "King of the Hill" is over the hill at Fox, which is canceling the long-running animated comedy.

Final episodes of the half-hour series, now in its 13th year, likely will air during the 2009-10 season, Fox said Friday. The network recently ordered 13 new episodes, and animated series have a long production schedule.

"King of the Hill" chronicles the life of blue-collar family man Hank Hill of Texas and his family and friends. Hank is voiced by series co-creator and executive producer Mike Judge. Others in the cast include Kathy Najimy, Brittany Murphy and Stephen Root.

The picture is brighter for another Sunday night animated show on Fox, "American Dad," which was renewed for its fifth season. It has posted single-digit ratings gains among advertiser-favored young adult viewers and total viewers.

Ratings for "King of the Hill" have been relatively flat early this season.

"American Dad" is about Stan Smith, a dedicated conservative, and his oddball family in Langley, Va. Series co-creator and executive producer Seth MacFarlane voices Stan in the series, which also features the voices of Wendy Schaal, Rachael MacFarlane and Scott Grimes.

---

Dang it! This is one of my favorite animated TV shows.

My recommendations: cancel The Simpson's instead. The new ones, since abt. 2000, just are NOT funny anymore. Or cancel American Idiot ... I mean, Idol. Yeah, most of what's produced by Fox is garbage (except Fox Business News), but I do enjoy the cartoons. The escapism is good clean fun.

Aw, well, life goes on. :o) ♥ ∞

6 comments:

  1. oooookkkaaayyyy never heard of it, but yes american idol just like 'the x factor' here in the uk is trashy...i am not a simpsons fan either...what does that make me? a sorry assed non comedy - watching nincompoop????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sparky, I sympathize. I am not familiar with king of the hill, and very rarely watch the Simpsons, but I am still hurting over the cancellation of Unsolved Mysteries so I know what it's like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shot, that's OK if no one else has heard of it. No harm done. I'm just whining anyway.

    SoulBrush, you are never a nincompoop. You just have more class than me. ;o)

    I miss Unsolved Mysteries too! They have reruns of it occasionally, I think on TVLand (DirecTV). That was a great show. :o) ♥ ∞

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh goody!! A kindred spirit. Guess I'm not so weird after all ... or ... am I? [lol] ♥ ∞

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't watch Fox television either because of the garbage shows and even worse commercials. I hope you find a new fix soon!

    ReplyDelete

⭐ A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out. ~ Walter Winchell