Friday, September 5, 2008

Trash Day Country Style And Another Tropical Storm

Country Style Litter PickupIt was so beautiful this morning in SE Georgia. The temperature is about 68 degrees, with a light breeze ... could be the approaching TS Hannah? It's off the Orlando, FL coast right now, heading Nawth. Anyway, I try to make it a point to pickup the litter that our neighbors leave by the roadside at least once a month. (I know who you people are, 'k, and we are not amused.) If I don't, it starts to build up and look really bad. I don't understand this lack of enjoyment for nature but they are trailer trash and have no appreciation for beauty. The fall wildflowers are just starting to bloom and they look so lovely. There should be more wild flowers in the coming weeks. Steve was able to ride with me on my one mile sojourn this time (I take the golf cart because the bags get so heavy). He is doing so much better since his shoulder surgery. He even walked for a little ways without hurting his knee. Good show my love!

Wild Daisies
Our little hummingbird friends are starting to leave for the season. It's always so sad when they go. I know they have to winter over in South American though. It gets too cold here for the little guys. We call them Flying Jewels. It's such fun to sit on the front porch with our beer and listen to them twitter and fuss around the feeders. They raised up quite a brood this year. I'll bet we had at least 30 birds, maybe more. Well, I will leave all three feeders up until October for any stragglers heading south. Fly safe little guys.
Tropical Storm Hannah

Looks like the North Carolina coastline will be getting all the fun this time. :o) Wonder where Ike and Josephine will end up?! There'll be more to post later about the storms it appears .....
♥ ∞

No comments:

Post a Comment

⭐ A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out. ~ Walter Winchell