Monday, September 15, 2008

Mt. Plesant Cemetery, Waycross, GA

What a job I have taken on for myself! I am in the middle of surveying the Mount Plesant Cemetery in Waycross (est. 1837 A.D.), alone this time, since Steve is on the sidelines. All photos and known information is being uploaded to FindAGrave.Com. Plus, I will type up a list of who's buried where when it's completed. There must be over 600 people buried in Mt. Plesant and I'm only up to about 150 so far! I'm also locating Georgia Death Certificates (free on-line) when available and learning each individuals lineage, if someone is researching them. It's hot as the blue blazes again, the love bugs, mosquitoes and dogass gnats are as thick as thieves. The cemetery is overrun by sand spurs and fire ants. Many tombstones are broken, moldy, worn thin, or covered in tall weeds or bushes. My hands hurt constantly now. Gosh. This one is wearing me out. I'll bet it takes me a month just to take all the photos. Well, when I'm done, I hope there will be more people able to locate their loved ones. I've already found many that are related to me.

Today, after physical therapy we stopped at the Tharon's Barber Shop in Patterson. I need to get a trim too but have to wait for the female barber, Pat, to get back next week.

Happy Researching Y'all!

♥ ∞

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for popping by...Fascinating work you're doing....

    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well he looks smiley now -think the therapy's working.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey, don't know how we got 'unlinked'...have added you to my favourites list once more. hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Sparky! I hope the hand is getting better - quickly! Sounds like Steve is progressing and you 2 will be back with "your knees in the breeze" soon! I love that picture of you at the International Motorcycle Show in Atlanta!!! Y'all be careful!

    Cheers:-))

    Jerry in Tampa

    ReplyDelete

⭐ A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out. ~ Walter Winchell