Monday, August 18, 2008

Heap Big Rain Comin', Kemo Sabe

Since it appears we will be having an interesting week I made an 'emergency' run to the grocery store 30 miles away this morning. Also made a liquor run (we may be trapped inside but there's no point in being martyr's! ha ha) Since Steve is temporarily incapacitated and with Tropical Storm Fay bearing down on us, well, I thought having provisions would be a smart move. I'm also putting up extra water 'just in case'. I wish now we had gone ahead and bought a generator but it may not come to that. But I'm trying to be smart. Hey, even a blind hog finds an acorn now and then! Sometimes I do something intelligent. [lol]


I don't think we have too much to be concerned about, but one never knows, does one.

Steve is healing nicely and is getting antsy sitting around. A good sign! His left shoulder is still tender to touch. He has taken to walking around our 7 acres until his shoulder begins to ache. One walk around the perimeter of the yard is about 1/4 mile. So, he is doing very well.

My good friend, Rebecca, has completed her motorcycle course in Orange Park, FL. She is now an official rider! Congrats 'Becca! You Go Girl. Now, it's time to buy a nice bike of your own. All this looking at motorcycles makes me want to buy a second one. Oh, I'll keep the Suzuki V-Strom, of course, but I'm also looking at the Royal Enfield line. Nice vintage style bikes. There's a dealer north of Valdosta right here in Gawga. [giggle] I'm sooo bad.

Sparky ♥ ∞

1 comment:

  1. You are SO right Sparky! We are gonna get WET!!!! Home Depot and Lowes are loving it!!! I've got to pick up all the stuff around the yard and the pool - cause Linda says so.... we will be hunkered down on Tuesday to ride her out...

    FUNNY STUFF - I have a buddy taking his motorcycle course today and tomorrow in Clearwater - and they say they go - rain or shine - wonder what they do about hurricanes???

    Tell Steve the rotator cuff surgery looks like NO FUN! Bet it is NO motorcycle for a while :-((

    Be safe my friend!

    Jerry in Tampa

    ReplyDelete

⭐ A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out. ~ Walter Winchell