Friday, July 25, 2008

A Warning About Factory Direct Cellular

I don't usually do this, but I feel compelled to warn others about an internet company called Factory Direct Cellular. They are located near Houston, Texas. Address on the web site is: ZenCentric, Inc., PO Box 841213, Pearland, TX 77584. Their website address is www.factorydirectcelluar.com/ . DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY until you see what kind of people they are.

Here's why.

What has happened to me to-date:
22 Jun 2008: I ordered a Lithium Ion Battery for Motorola V260 V262 for my cell phone. Paid by credit card. Two weeks pass. No battery.
03 Jul 2008: I e-mail the company (they have no telephone displayed on the web page). No response. No battery.
09 Jul 2008: I e-mail them again. This time I get a unsigned message as follows: "We are writing to let you know that your order with FactoryDirectCellular.com has been shipped. You should receive it within the next 3 to 5 postal delivery days. We apologize for the processing delay and any inconvenience it may have caused." Still no battery but I'll wait.
16 Jul 2008: E-mailed them again and contacted the Houston, TX Better Business Bureau (BBB) at www.bbb.org/ . Formal complaint registered and I tried to stop payment with credit card. Too late but registered complaint with credit card company. BBB is persuing it from their end, hopefully. Still, no battery.
17 Jul 2008: I receive yet another unsigned e-mail from Factory Direct Cellular, and I quote, "We will issue you a refund today but when your battery shows up please write refused on the package and send it back to us. " Yet, right. I'll send it back 'when it gets here'. (har har) The battery never arrived at my home.
EDIT 27 Jul 2008: A refund has been done to my credit card on 20 Jul 2008 from Factory Direct. It wasn't posted for 3 days.

I still say, think twice before ordering from this company.

I hope this helps save others from having trouble too.

Sparky ♥ ∞

1 comment:

  1. Sparky - thanks for the heads up! These type of companies should be exposed!!!!
    Hope all is well with you and yours!

    Jerry in Tampa

    ReplyDelete

⭐ A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out. ~ Walter Winchell