Sunday, May 17, 2009

Riding Into History 2009


Yesterday, Saturday the 16th, we attended our first "Riding Into History" event near St. Augustine, Florida. It was held at the World Golf Village just right off I-95 south of Jacksonville.

I'm amazed at how many people attended the event. It was all handled very well, I thought. There was good music (Lynard Skynard), beer, hot dogs and lots of fellow enthusiasts. Everyone was very polite and kindly. It was quite pleasant.

Since we met friends there, after touring all the wonderful vintage motorcycles (and a few bicycles), we opted to eat our noon day meal at O'Steens in old St. Augustine. It's located on Anastasia Blvd (A1A) just across the Bridge of Lions. We used to eat there quite often when we lived in Jax. That's what Jacksonville residents call it: "Jax" for short. O'Steens has the most superb seafood. It's always crowded no matter what time of the day or night one tries to eat there. We had a 45 minute wait, so, my friend and I browsed the antique shop next door. I used to collect antique glass, especially the pink shades, but no longer do so. Our new home doesn't have the shelf space for such collections. I still like to look, though.

Anyway, back to the show. If y'all would like to view the vintage motorcycles, I've uploaded them to MyPhotoAlbum. Hubby only snapped a few photos this time. I think after the visit to Barber's in Alabama, that place spoiled us. We've "seen it, done it" now. [lol]

Enjoy!!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lot of fun. It's been a very long time since I was in St. Augustine - the restaurant sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gorgeous! Thanks for visiting today and I'm here to tell you I've been here too. Oh my heart just sank when I read about your braces! You are delicate, don't they know you need extra TLC down there at the DDS!? I mean first the back operation, now your teeth, oh I wish I were closer to bring you some chocolate! ha ha

    I will be praying for Amberlee too, that is incredibly scary to any parent. Any updates yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Vincent "black lightning" now that's pretty rare. Was it a '52? Dale Coury and band have a bluegrass song about one. Pappy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mildred ~ I wasn't feeling good that day and had the weight of worry for Amberlee but we still found enjoyment in the event. There were a LOT of people there!

    Janeen ~ Gosh, it's good have you back on the airwaves. Yeah, the mouth is still a bit sore. I think it's making me pensive. Please do send chocolate. :o)
    Thanks for praying for Amberlee. We still don't know what the culprit is for her ailment.

    Pappy ~ It is indeed a Black Lightning. Steve can't remember the year. I remember the song but can't remember the tune! Maybe if I did a search on the 'net someone has uploaded the music.

    Thanks y'all for stopping by. :o)

    ReplyDelete

⭐ A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out. ~ Walter Winchell