Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Anti-Tax Tea Day Patriots (Updated)


"CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW!!?"

(Please scroll to bottom for updated links concerning the rally)

In tradition with our rich heritage of free speech, my husband and I decided to join in one of the 'local' Tea Day protests.


Original Boston Tea Party
"You heap pale red man, kemosloppy"



We estimated there were about 636* folks in attendance at the St. Simon's Island Marina today. Could be more because some were pouring in as we left.

* Source is Scarlett who hosted the event. Thanks Dawn! :o)


Everyone we talked to and met was polite, calm, and respectful. Most of us had never protested anything our entire lives. Says something, doesn't it? No wonder the liberal news media is lieing about all these events. Claiming that the Republicans are behind it, yadda, yadda, yadda. Bunch of hot air. Nope. This is a grass roots effort to stop the Democrat-Republican fascism in our politics.

And only a couple of passersby showed us their I.Q. level with one finger. I think that's pretty good!


Husband made the signs. Yeah, I see the misspelled "Allready" and made him carry it. Ain't I a stinker?

Well, it was such fun.

There were also petitions to sign that are being sent to our politians asking them to respect our wishes for lower taxes and less intrusive government. We are earnestly praying that these events will make a difference and are hoping to avoid another Civil War. I am praying that somehow we can restore our rights and liberties for future generations by going back to the Constitution. Hey, miracles can happen.

Oh, yeah, and we're going to be in the local Brunswick news. I'll post that if I can find a link and/or photos.

***UPDATES***

You can find live footage of the rally at: OurNetNews.Com (Hubby and I are at the 5:46 mark)

We were interviewed by The Brunswick News but they don't seem to have anything on-line ... yet. It should be under 'Local News' if it ever gets posted.

13 comments:

  1. AWESOME!!! We did not go, as hubby had to cut someones lawn today. However, been watching the news and Glenn Beck so far takes my vote. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good sized crowd. I look forward to seeing the news article.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the Great Coverage of our Tea Party! At last count, we had 636! Go, Glynn County - woo~hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My grandson attended his first tea party tonight. But it wasn't his first protest...he's protested many times in his 2 months of life....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely day for a tea party. Honest, I wasn't going to say a thing about the sign, allright?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Try spell check on your sign maker. Love the photos. I recognized some of the protesters. Our meetings went well. More are planned in the near future. I was bolstered to see some young professionals getting involved in a big way. Pappy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well Linda, y'all had to work. It's OK. I know you where there in spirit and prayers.

    Thanks Mildred. :o)

    Thanks Dawn for the encouraging words. You are an excellent speaker and we appreciate your organizing this event more than words can say! The event had folks from many surrounding counties. :o)

    Thanks for stopping by Stevie.

    Enough allready Musey! [roflmao]

    Yeah, Pappy, good laborers are so hard to get these days ... [sigh]
    We also had quite a few young professionals show up during their lunch breaks. That really warmed my heart too. And I'm going to get a Ron Paul T-shirt and wear it everywhere since we're considered terrorist suspects now.

    I found the live footage of us at the rally yesterday on-line and it is now posted here.

    God bless y'all! Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It only takes a spark to get a fire going. I believe the opposition is scared based on some of their ignorant comments and coverage.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We had one here locally and I heard there were 4,000 that showed up! Of course they are trying to paint it as hysterical, ranting fanatics. But it's not striking me that way, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good one Carey ... a double entendre ... just call me Spark-y ... [lol] You're right, they are scared.

    Yeah, I'm tired of the liberal news media trying to paint us as hysterical, ranting fanatics. The event(s) have proven to be anything but that! I didn't even see anyone being litterbugs. We're simply law-abiding citizens that are concerned for our country. So, we're performing a civic duty of peaceful protesting. We're not the Rent A Mop that a certain unnamed policial party has been known to use in times past. [wink]

    ReplyDelete
  12. I believe there was/is one in Blackshear (today? tomorrow?)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey, Sparky!

    I wanted to let you know that preparations have started for the Glynn County Independence Day Tea Party. We're looking at using Gascoigne if we can raise the money... :) Feel free to e-mail me at ssiteaparty@gmail.com for more information.

    ReplyDelete

⭐ A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out. ~ Walter Winchell