Thursday, May 21, 2015

Throwback Thursday ~ Ghosts Of Birthdays Past #tbt #birthday


For some reason, I have birthday's on my mind. Wonder why? *wink* So, I thought for Throwback Thursday this week I would show a couple of my old photos from past birth celebrations.

Three years old. That's the kitchen in our old concrete block house in Titusville, Florida, where I lived for 18 years. It's when the world was still young. Before anything hurt. When "old" was anyone over 10, and a wrinkle was not a concern.

Now it's a heavy task getting up from the sofa, fourscore and ten is not so distant, and wrinkles ... hey, I'm not even going there!


2005. It wasn't that long ago ... was it? But, in a way, I guess it was. Many long, twisty, scary, bumpy roads later the pot holes are starting to show up. I'm crumbling at the edges and there's grass growing where it shouldn't. The frame is still good, though. I only lost one bone in the last surgery. Hallelujah for that. It's a good thing I'm being renewed daily in Christ or there wouldn't be anything left to have surgery on in a few years. *lol*

And while we're on the subject of the day of my origin, warmest THANK YOU's to all my wonderful friends for the warm wishes, the e-mails, e-cards, etc. I had a very pleasant birthday. I'm deeply humbled at the kindness shown. You helped make my day extra special. Also, I opted to stay home, so, my husband cooked two scrumptious meals (lunch and supper) that I will not soon forget. I swear that man is a cordon bleu chef! Then he gifted me a Givi tank bag for the Suzuki V-Strom, which was truly needed. He is such a dear man. So, all in all it was a memorable day.

I hope your day was wonderful too. And thank you again!

"Though youths grow weary and tired, And vigorous young men stumble badly, Yet those who wait for the LORD Will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles, They will run and not get tired, They will walk and not become weary. "
Isaiah 40:30-31

9 comments:

  1. Yes, indeed, Steve is a keeper and so are you! Again, Happy, Happy, Birthday. I so enjoyed your Throwback Thursday. Give the terrierists a hug for me. (I can never spell that right, lolol) Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! You have weathered well!! A husband who is a chef is a spectacular gift!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh....sweet happy birthday to you.
    Love the walk down birthday memory lane...and the photos, too.
    Sending smiles to your dear hubby for preparing the meals for you on your special day.
    I hope that you have a beautiful remainder of the week.
    Hugs from South Georgia....
    Love,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Memoirs are good and so is food you don't have to cook. Never to old to have fun day.
    Hugs to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a blessed day! John would make me lunch and supper, but it'd be fried cornflakes. At least you know you'll not starve. I must start claiming those promises you shared...I am falling apart for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday and many many wonderful returns to this day.

    May you and your husband be always blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the photos you shared. Sounds like your husband treated you like a queen for your special day. So happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am always late, lately, but do want you to know I thought about you and hoped you had a super birthday. Seems my head has been spinning for a few days and weeks now. Love the pictures and you are still a mighty pretty lady! Your hubby is a lucky man.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's an old photo. Age is finally starting to catch me up. Hubby did treat me like a Queen but he always does.
    Thanks everyone! Have a blessed day. ~:)

    ReplyDelete

⭐ A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out. ~ Walter Winchell