Thursday, February 19, 2009

Motorcycle Show Preparations

Today we are making preparations to attend the annual International Motorcycle Show. This year the event is in lovely Greenville, South Carolina!! WAHOO!! It's finally here! We've had tickets to this thing for 6 months, no lie.




In years past, these events were held in a very nice area of Atlanta, Georgia. But then the Powers That Be moved the event into the darkest of dark sections and it eventually crashed and burned ...apparently others voted with their feet like we did because last year, we had quit going. We traveled two days to get to Houston, Texas just to attend the show. Now, the one in the eastern USA has been moved to a nicer area in western South Carolina and we are back to staying in the Southeast.

We won't be able to ride to the event due to the fact I am still recovering from neck surgery and they're calling for snow there! [sigh] Oh well. So, after dropping our three 'babies' (dogs) at the kennel, we are free! FREE!!

Then the following weekend, World Superbike starts for the season. The first race of the season is in lovely Phillip Island Australia. I would like to attend that one some day.

Then, American Superbike starts for the season, then my personal favorite, MotoGP. To see some very exciting racing, go to this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfPM77TsGaA. It's only a couple of minutes. These young fellas are real athletes.

Motorcycle racing is back for the year! Professional racing takes the winter months to rest and train.

The world is turning in greased grooves again.

So stay tuned for photos and updates y'all! I'm so glad that all these hotels have internet access now. I'm so spoiled. :o) And who knows, I may come home with a new Triumph Bonneville after all ... I really like that two-tone green and cream ... uh, just doing my part to stimulate the economy. [tee hee]

Cheers y'all,

♥ ∞

12 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see all of the action packed photos! I haven't ridden for ages. My Daddy - o has a motorcycle! I used to go for rides with him:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like great fun. Hope you'll take lots of pics to share with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish I was going. You and Steve have fun. See you when you get back. Pappy

    ReplyDelete
  4. You two have fun and I will check by for your photo updates. Have a safe trip and happy motoring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've got our cameras all set and ready to 'snap'! I spend more time taking photos than anything else.

    You know, Pappy and Carey, y'all outta think about attending the one in Houston. You meets lots of nice folks and get to see the new products before they hit the streets. I'm just sayin' ... LOL

    Thanks for stopping by! Y'alls comments make my days so much brighter. Have a great weekend everyone! :o) ♥ ∞

    ReplyDelete
  6. COOL BEANS! I can't wait to see the pics. Y'all have fun and stay safe. Will miss you while your gone.

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi lovely mom i have a tag for you. hope you grab them. love yah!

    ReplyDelete
  8. PS. It's Postcard Friendship Friday if you're up to posting those stamps Miss Sparky!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking forward to hearing all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well aren't you the social butterfly! Wow, something fun to look forward too, that is GREAT! And again, thank you so much for your comments on my leaky roof. The crew is supposed to come today to repair it so I'm looking forward to no more drips! And getting a 6 yr old's tiny, swirmy toes out of my bed so I can sleep! ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Whoo-hoo! Now you just gotta heal up so you can ride again.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sparky I hope ya'll have a great time. I can't wait for pictures!!

    ReplyDelete

⭐ A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out. ~ Walter Winchell