Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Advertisements From The 1930's

Make sure to check out the Lysol and the "dieting" advertisements!
Enjoy!
Aw, yes, we all long for the days of carrying our own church key, I'm sure!
(For those of you too young to remember,
a 'church key' was a common vernacular for can opener.)

I'll bet it's really hard keeping those camels rolled after their lit too.
They probably put up quite a fuss! har har
I'd rather get hit by a bus, thaaannnk yooou ...

However, his medical insurance company is canceling his policy.

Uhhhhh .... no comment ...

Ewwww ... I think I'll go with the lap band treatment first ...

Santa!? For shame!

(cough, cough) How sexy. (hack, sneeze)

And, on that happy note, I'll say good night ....


♥ ∞

9 comments:

  1. Two things... When I was young, our doctor smoked...right there in the office when treating us! And that last poster? I think that hung in the Navy sick bay at my last duty station. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a wonder anyone survided to tell about this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an adorable post! What was everybody thinking back then? I remember having a dentist that smoked. He would wash his hands, but they still smelled like smoke when he put them in my mouth. Back then they didn't wear the rubber gloves and I would about gag smelling that smoke smell. Gross. I worked in hospitals years ago and some of the workers would smoke right at their desk. What a hoot! Yes, lots of things have gotten worse through the years, but I have to admit limiting the smoking is a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All advertising, even today is little better than a snake oil sales pitch. I think it odd that a lot of modern drugs ads list side effects far worse than the condition there treating.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My daughter sent me these a month or so ago. She was agast at the claims too. I remember the good old days. Cough cough. Pappy

    ReplyDelete
  6. We laugh now about it but I too remember when "everyone" smoked, including health professionals! Yuck! It's funny though, the odor of uncooked tobacco is actually quite plesant. Inside a tobacco warehouse it has a sweet aroma.
    Sparky ♥ ∞

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the laughs. I remember seeing some of those signs when visiting my grandparents. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hilarious! Can't wait to show the lard one to my husband, who is trying to convince me it's healthy. Thanks for the laughs!

    ReplyDelete

⭐ A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out. ~ Walter Winchell